Friday, March 16, 2007

The Chin Reloaded: Nine bullets.


Been busybusybusybusy. You know that and that's boring so stop reading now. There are millions of web pages equally boring and useless that you could be checking out right now.
I am currently waiting for the definitive proof of my Americaness. They say it's in the mail, and I wanna believe it's true this time.
La Carta Verde. Che verde poi non é.
Let's make a shortlist: this blog seems to be a metaphor of my sex life. I'm delinquent in both, there's no time.
#1. Too busy to fuck... or is it tired? Sleepy, honey, never tired!
#2. So I went through the ominous trial and it was quite an event: not just because of the result, that lifted a big black cloud–sure, but also because of Miss Mary's performance. Something that would make Jennifer Hudson tremble. Brava, some community theater in Decatur needs you desperately. But so does Henry, topping me in the picture, and you need him too because it's doing you a lot of good.
#3. Friends come, friends go. Just like with ex-spouses, I'm learning the non-obsessive way to forget about them. Or maybe I should say "forget about the stuff you need and you'll never get". I've never been good at giving up but lately I'm discovering the sweet taste of surrender. I let myself go out of love and it feels nice. Eventually, before I die, I'll taste the forbidden fruit of falling IN love in that effortless, inevitable way that I still romaticize.
#4. BHG keeps paying the rent. Am I jinxing it just because I'm writing this? One month became two, then three, and we're at the end of month 4. Surprising and counter-intuitive: corporate slavery is easier to accept and deal with when you're sober.
#5. Went to a GMHC fundraiser on Monday, courtesy of Trent, and met Hillary Rodham Clinton. No I didn't speak to her but she made eye contact and she came across surprisingly genuine. Not too slick. HRC for 2008, yay. During the rest of the night I was hopefully ogling the rest of the room, but almost fell asleep while doing that. Stick to your environs, Laps.
#6. Saw Zodiac. What's up with the ecstatic reviews of the reputable papers? What do they know that I don't? David Fincher hasn't changed ranks in my book: ambitious but helpless middlebrow Hollywood fare. The cultural equivalent of a Subway sandwich. Not bad enough to feel guilty, but swinging between bland and offensively below me.
#7. Margiela. The revamped website is impossibly brilliant. Even Burns thinks so, and says a lot. A lot. Should I go back to Century 21 or once again I'm romanticizing a so-so experience?
#8. Snowden. And derivative new-new wave bands who redeem themselves with free sets of remixes way better than the original versions. Not that the remixes are fantastic, but the exercise of going back and forth and connecting the dots is delicious. Ahh free music, who the fuck misses CDs?
Download Black Eyes (Le Castle Vania Remix)
#9. A nod to Alessio about this: A Blitz Kid Primer... and major cautionary tale. This Channel Four documentary is available on YouTube in five parts.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Gravy! A lengthy, concise, relevant blog entry? What blog is this that happened upon? Surely it isn't the welcomed void of Chingang?
I tease. Great entry. Congrats on both your impending citizenship and the successful transition to corporate slavery. I see Dilbert comics in your future.....

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ormai l'abbiamo perduto definitivamente

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you could put Henry to work. He could return the phone calls you're too busy to make!! (ooo, snap!)

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad U're back to life (and blog). I missed U. Even if I always need a dictionary to read yor post.

"forget about the stuff you need and you'll never get". This is wise but sad. I still can't stand it.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home