Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Revival, Yes.


Yeah Yeah. Don't say it, I know.
But we back.
With Facebook sucking the air out of my diary ambitions, all is left is talking music. And you know what? I've been busy. I just didn't feel like telling you about it. And now I do.
Oh, by the way, this week the new Pet Shop Boys album comes out, which is newsworthy. I'm so enormously biased that it's hard to tell if I really really like it, but there are high moments.
I'm also finally coming to terms with the concept of experiencing an album listening to a track every few days rather than all at once. That's the nature of leaking and illegal downloading: you get Track 7 today, then Track 3 next week, oh, then the single. Next month you get the intro and the coda. Wrap your head around that, album listener.

Anyhoo, it feels very business as usual, which is not a bad thing, with a tendency towards SuperPop, which is not a great thing, rather than Orchestral Moody. Not completely though, as to close this juicy piece of bubble gum they choose to rehash some Battleship Potemkin-slash-my October Symphony lazy thingy.
Eh. As usual, I like the remixes better than the album version, and the B more than the A. That's what made me a fan in the first place, the amazingness of Alternative.

Something hasn't changed: in perfect Nightlife-era style (danger!) the boys are capable of attaching fantastic, expensive-sounding, memorable, glorious, imperial introductions to songs doomed to derail into mediocrity. Example below.

Download Pet Shop Boys: All Over the World

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home