Saturday, October 04, 2008

Chinsongs: William's Blood


Imagine making a movie. "Heathers 2" the sequel... and trying to capture a late 80s mood... in every facet... costumes, cinematography, down to the minuscule details. Replicating an era as elusive as that one is tough, because at the time everything seemed tame, almost flavorless. And too close in time to seem worthy of nostalgia (not for me: I'm nostalgic for the present.)
Well, miss Grace has managed to distill 1988 in her new song "William's Blood."
She hadn't recorded anything in 20 years and apparently she went back to the exact point where she left off.
So believably vintage (or "archival" in this case) that I had to do some research to make sure this wasn't a forgotten b-side from some Trevor Horn session... After that hokey Corporate Cannibal non-event, I call this the most perfect comeback.

Download Grace Jones "William's Blood"

Photo of Grace Jones by Chris Cunningham from the new issue of Dazed and Confused.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eunmmelascarica!iobbonino

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home