Thursday, July 10, 2008

Full Circle.

Marco is responsible for this unintentional fil rouge.
Roisin, we worship your ass, but this is not exactly conceptual. I hope they really put this together as haphazardly as it looks, cause sheesh it does look random. Pot-smokin' random.
Also, John Waters references must feel/sound cooler across the pond... 'Cause here, they tired.
And I need help: humping lobster... where was that?

The second video was shot at the original Taboo, hence Miss Bowery in the opening frames.
I remember dancing frenetically to this at Plegyne.
Additional piece of memory: A million years ago, I was in London working with Adrian Sherwood on a few songs for a florentine band called Rinf. At the same time, Adrian was remixing "Pistol in my Pocket" and turning it into a dub-heavy reggae ballad. In the same studio, Jesus and Mary Chain were rehearsing. The Reggae Pistol was never released. The seriously messy Rinf singles unfortunately saw the light. They were unsalvageable, but "had potential".
And I still kinda like the sleeves I designed.
O-kay. That.... also was... random. Where was I?

Troy says I'm old.
Troy also says she looks like Nita. I hope she doesn't ever read this blog.
Ok, T-boy, you so fresh. Oh, so spankin'... and an authority on everything trannette. Believe it: TransGurlDesign is having a vernissage at Leslie-Lohman on July 16, when her foray in the fine art department will be revealed.
See you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home