Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The MateriaList: Brin de Réglisse


Lately, I'm wearing this.
I bought it with Fabio and my nephew Corso at the Hermés store in Florence. Corso was intimidated by the very stiff salespeople and on his best adult-like behavior, but didn't hesitate to jump back and release a loud "Eew" when I offered him the tester to take a whiff. It truly is a weird fragrance, yet intoxicating and pacifying at once. It changes a lot on my skin, and slowly during the day the two very clear notes of lavender and licorice mutate into something smokey first, and finally powdery and "safe." But that first blast out of the bottle in the morning is so fucking powerful I keep smelling my wrist on my way to work. And at the office, when I'm bored, I smell myself again and my mood changes. I'm entranced by this perfume. I want my apartment and my bed to smell like it. I wanna fall asleep in a cloud of licorice and lavender.
It's not sexy, definitely. I get all sorts of reaction: from the polite "uh, er... smells different" to the more forward "very East Village Grandma." But I'm not listening. I'm distracted by my own wrist pressed against my face.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

complimenti. Noi si puzza tutti di cane. Bagnato, asciutto, sempre cane. Il letto puzza di cane, le ceste puzzano di cane, la casa pure.

4:15 AM  
Blogger NOOKA said...

wow! sounds great. i'm down to my last bottle of the discontinued eau de couregges! did i tell you that i'm working on a nooka scent as well?

2:20 PM  
Blogger troyboydesign said...

is this the scent that i commented on but you wouldnt tell me what it was?

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home