This is still the beginning.
Of the year, yeah or of the journey, you pick.
Damn, everything feels so random and that's not a bad thing. Keeps me humble, naive and wide-eyed.
You know what the opposite of that would be. That dreaded clichéd New York way-to-be.
Not me, uh-uh, no-no, not yet.
Sooo... It's been a while. I went to Italy. It was lovely, it was home. Spent Christmas there and that so un-christmas-y... not in a bad way. Just not what other Christmases have been like. Grown up family holiday I guess.
It was also one of those Italian holidays that happen to be on a Tuesday, therefore everything brakes to a halt the previous thursday, creating this everlong stretch of spare time to fill with leisury activities like: seeing friends, eating their food, seeing more friends, eating more of their food. Was invited to some pre-christmas party everyday and each party was equally relaxed, warm and ambitious. Large gatherings and gourmet buffets. The way life should always be.
Everybody looked their best, despite falling outs, losses of jobs, crumbling marriages and other inane life obstacles.
Ah, America the beautiful and Italy the hologram of itself.
Also related, file under "unlikely sights": these three:

These three, unlikely together, in unlikely setting:
These three, unlikely together, in unlikely setting, in unlikely display of intense catholic devotion:

I know, life is not boring. I'm not bored.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home