Saturday, January 19, 2008

Chinsongs: Hercules and Love Affair

New year, new song, almost. Really, this song was streaming on Myspace two months ago, but I didn't have an MP3 of it. After weeks of chasing "Blind," the amazing collaboration between H&LA and Antony Hegarty (of Antony and the Johnsons) suddenly several versions are popping up EVERYWHERE. Basically every blog out there has a post about Hercules and Love Affair.
I'm no trailblazer, and I still like the song. So here it is, courtesy of the wild wild internet: a blast of neurotic disco with a gloomy falsetto layered on top. Like, a gay template that embraces its nervousness rather than losing itself in celebratory whiffs of Rush. For extra pleasure, the Frankie Knuckles Remix strips the track of its anarchic coating of Moroder grit and polishes it to an impossibly glossy finish not heard since the early nineties. I'm practically blinded by the black lacquer shine of that grand piano.

Hercules and Love Affair feat. Antony Hegarty: "Blind" (Frankie Knuckles Remix)

Hercules and Love Affair feat. Antony Hegarty: "Blind" (Original)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home