Monday, September 18, 2006

I DON'T FEEL LIKE BLOGGING

'cause I DON'T FEEL LIKE WHINING.

On related news. I DON'T FEEL LIKE DANCING, is part of an album that comes out tomorrow: Ta Dah.
I'm torn, and that's good, because that's usually the shock of the new. However I can't say that the Scissor Sisters are still part of the roster of my favorite bands.
The schlock factor is too high for my taste, and while I intellectually appreciate the freshness of all the influences at work here, I can't honestly say I have any appreciation for any of the ingredients that are finely distilled in this thick syrupy drink. I love a band that doesn't sound like anybody else in immediate distance, and that's probably the Sisters' case, but it doesn't mean I like them, period. I mean there's a reason why my record collection never included Elton John, nor the Bee Gees, nor Seals & Croft (well...), nor Hamilton Bohannon. And no, I don't own a single Original Broadway Recording of any show, and I don't want to. Also: never once, in the past three decades, I've found bell bottoms amusing.
So, sisters: Bravi, ma chissene. ("Bravi, but who gives a shit?" Flicking the chin here, that's different from chinning.)
I DON'T FEEL LIKE LISTENING, but if you do, here is the entire album streaming. Me, I'll probably give it another couple of try, and then, if I'm not dying of diabetes, I'll become fond of a song or two. There's a shocking pink lining in my charcoal overcoat for sure, and it'll show.
Commercial success is uncertain though, how many kids in Europe will be willing to revisit this 70's Suburban American compendium? Maybe they're hipper than I think, otherwise this is gonna land with a thud in the Sophomore Albums Bin.
One last thing: Pitchfork categorizes Scissor Sisters as "Disco". And while correct, that's also sad.

PS: sorry casalinga di Voghera for this still too abstract post. More shit about me next time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sarĂ  meglio, because I dont' understand un acca, I will love some shit about you

8:10 AM  
Blogger chingang said...

Ancora meglio, posso recensire uno spin-off/plagio italiano di Scissor Sisters: "E Raffaella e'mia" di Tiziano Ferro. Brava brava brava... e' tutto quello che posso dire.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bruuuuuutti,e mainstream!!!
"Dancing with the stars",..c'mon!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home