Saturday, April 08, 2006

Unwritten

It was lovely seeing my closest friends switching languages and getting along famously. I was gently inebriated and getting over my crankiness. I forgot I was tired. I was making jokes. The cold beer soothed my sore throat. Then, over an appetizer of Tuna Tiradito, Lucilla smiled at me and said:
"What about this summer? Why don't we go to Greece again?"
I sucked on my lips, making no sound and widened my eyes.
"Or Sardinia" she continued "Nice too... "
More silence.
"Or Ansedonia".
Suddenly the cloud over my head got darker. Had I been drunker I could have gotten teary-eyed.

Really I can't remember a time more unfit for making plans then now. Not only everything seems wildly in flux, events ready to change dramatically, but also my mind seems removed from the pursuit of pleasure, especially if that involves opening my wallet.
On the other hand I'm aware that life stops when you slow down on your plans, and keeping projects open make them happen.
I wanna go back to that: the sense of possibility, the openness of the future, while staying realistic, with my feet firmly on the ground.

I'm praying for peace, beginning with my own.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

si davvero sarebbe bello passare del tempo insieme come ai vecchi tempi, quando le cose torneranno piu' normali.
un grande bacio, ti pensiamo sempre

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home