Playlist Update: Hot Chip

I'm old, obviously. And everything falls behind my radar, still I manage (even if months later) to get excited about new stuff/new bands.
Meet Hot Chip: It doesn't sound like anything else.
Wait, I take that back... I've been on a major Sparks kick lately and there's definitely a red thread between the two. It's not the kind of stuff that you can listen to for too long because it's weird and saccharine-sweet and annoying and toxic. But it's brilliant. And quirky, quirky, quirky (said in a high-pitched voice). And i normally don't like "quirky" because so few artists willing to flaunt their weirdness come across genuinely inventive. They mostly seem preoccupied with packaging some trademark stroke of genius that will make them pin-ups in some depressed teen's suburban bedroom.
Think Tim Burton quirky. Or Bjork quirky. You guys suck the shit out of my ass.
Download Hot Chip's "Over and over"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home