Saturday, August 04, 2007

Exodus


Nah, not the organization that tries to save those like me from ourselves.
I'm talking about the sudden and massive departure that most italians enbark on at the beginning of August.
You know, that quaint portrait of Italy seen in b&w comedies isn't dead. Italy loves the sixties, over and over.
This year I'm so (seeeww) part of it. On friday, august 3rd, my work commitments positively ended and I left for Ansedonia with all my family...the blood-related one, that is. I have four full days to enjoy the Argentario experience before re-entering the U.S. (to Burns: see?)... it seems so luxurious to me, who haven't had a real vacation in years... but everybody else around me is giggling and making fun of the fact that I consider anything shorter than three weeks leisure-y.
I don't mind. I feel fortunate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Burns said...

> before re-entering the U.S.
I'll believe when I see it...

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home