Chin-ematografo

Me and Burns... no, we're not the ones pictured above.
Delightful chilly sunny day strolling around. Lunch at some really cute place on Carmine I'd never been to.
We went to the Angelika to see Little Children.
It was unnecessary.
It was well acted (yawn), nicely shot at times (zzzz), but no real point of view, or visual concept. An expensive TV movie.
Once again, I was lured by the good NYT review. I've got to stop.
The casting was weird: Kate Winslet as a sort of unattractive, plain suburbanite.
Jennifer Connelly in a role hopefully lost to editing, since she appears (and glows) for about two minutes. The great Jane Adams in an exact reprise of her Happiness role. Wasted, she also appears for about thirty seconds.
Cardboard characters, Suburbia can be Hell, Sin, Redemption, We're all damaged, There's a dark side beyond the white picket fence, Overly dramatic subplot, Blah Blah Blah, The End.
This was supposed to be the sophisticated answer to American Beauty (which I hated) and in subtlety, it barely surpassed Desperate Housewives.

1 Comments:
http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/ilikekillingflies?q=killing%20flies
Here's the restaurant, also the star of its own film. Now take down those pictures of me!
Post a Comment
<< Home