Cibreo

To my international readers, all three of them: here's one of the best reasons to visit Florence. My favorite restaurant in town, and possibly the world. I'm lucky enough to be treated for dinner tonight, because I couldn't possibly afford it (see Friends with Money a few posts back). Cibreo comes in three versions, or three degrees of fanciness. Think Nobu versus Nobu Next Door, and tonight I'm going to the Ristorante, the luxurious one. It's a truly delectable and unique experience, everything from food to service is memorable, and in spite of the price tag everything is very low-key in true Tuscan fashion. The hostess sits down at the table while she explains the dishes and takes your order, chatting amiably but never being intrusive. The general effect is like visiting a friend's house where you are the guest of honor, lovely and unpretentious. But God is in the details, so it's impossible not to admire the damask of the crisp tablecloth and the fine crystals where Prosecco is poured. And then there's the food.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home